A federal immigration judge ruled Tuesday that Barack Obama’s uncle,Onyango “Omar”Obama,may remain in the United States…
Here are 12 Democrats who voted ObamaCare into law. They continue to lie about how this overreaching healthcare law is going to benefit all Americans. It is a disaster that is just getting worse. Throw these bums out in November 2014!
"Loophole" from Obama's IRS:Protect your IRA or 401(k) with gold and silver... click here to get a NO-COST Info Guide >
Whether we admit it or not,we all wish Santa Claus were real and that our wishes could come true. It would beat having to fight with shoppers at the mall for some item our wife says you have to bring home or not return at all if you can’t get it. I’m sure there are things President Obama is wishing for.
1. The thing at the top of his list at the moment is a successful way for millions to be able to go on the Obamacare web site and purchase a medical care insurance policy. It doesn’t matter that it will be a one-circus-tent-fits-all policy. If there aren’t enough healthy and young people footing the bill for the rest who will sign onto Obamacare,national health care won’t be possible because it will be too expensive and could be worse than its critics say it will be. As long as most people don’t find out that it will lead to a one-payer system that will reduce the quality of care most people have and reserve the best doctors and hospitals for the rich who will pay cash,Obama will get the health system of his dreams that will be a nightmare for most Americans.
2. He is also dreaming that Democrats will take back the House and increase their numbers in the Senate. With the threat of a filibuster destroyed in the Senate,one part of Obama’s scheme to control the government is in place. All he needs now is total Democrat control of the Legislature and Executive Branch so that his plans can be rubber-stamped,and he will get his way. He knows that if he can have a federal court system with Liberal judges,Progressive policies will be implemented;and his dream of this nation becoming an Obamanation will become a reality.
3. Another dream he may have is that his policies concerning global warming will be made law. He is doing his best to shut down the coal industry and coal-fired power plants that supply much of our electricity. Replacing coal,gas,oil,and nuclear power with alternative energy sources would be like exchanging the carriage horses in Central Park in New York City with starving poodles. We aren’t ready yet for the adoption of green energy as our main energy source. Spain tried to go green,and the unemployment rate soared to over 20%. Plasma technology would help our energy problems and decrease air pollution. But he either doesn’t know about it;or he may think that since he didn’t come up with plasma technology and can’t take credit for it,why bother with it?
4. I’m sure he is wishing his poll numbers would rise,and that he could be as popular as he was when he entered the White House. But the people know what type of man he is,and no amount of wishing can change the facts. Only Obama and the press seem able to change the facts. As I say so often,just because you don’t like the facts doesn’t mean the facts are wrong. That’s why I’m sure he wishes that Fox News and Conservative talk radio were to disappear. When you can control the truth,lies become public policy.
5. He may be wishing he could control the minds of everyone in the nation. If he could open the tops of every American he hasn’t been able to control and replace their brains with ones that have been Obamanized,things would go smoother. There would be no protesters;and everything that is on the Internet,said on the radio,and reported on TV would be about how wonderful Obama is. (Oh,and those who oppose him must be racists who can be considered insane.) You can always win an argument when everyone sees things your way. Since Obama hates having people disagree with him,a nation of compliant sheep would be a dream come true.
6. Speaking of having people see things his way,Obama might be wishing the world loved him. He did receive the Nobel Peace Prize before he started killing terrorists with drones. Surely,that should count for something. He also went on his apology tour around the world to say he’s sorry that America has had a long history of being mean. He probably wishes that Israel would just be “reasonable”and allow its neighbors to walk all over it. Just because Obama and his State Department want to be nice to Israel’s enemies doesn’t mean he hates Israel. They have won every war they have been involved in since their reemergence as a nation after nearly 19 centuries of nonexistence. And just because God told the Jews that they would possess the gate of their enemy and expand all the way to the Euphrates River doesn’t mean they should count on all the nations of the world to agree with God.
There are many other things Obama may be wishing for.
7. He might want the FCC to declare most of talk radio “hate speech”that must be shut down.
8. His wish for fair and balanced TV coverage could be to have Fox News fire all its people who are “unfairly”attacking him and hire people to the left of him who want him to be more liberal.
10. He also may wish for an electric car to be in every garage that can be recharged by the solar panels on the roofs.
11.He may wish that he and his wife could become the National Parents who can tell their 300 million “children” what to do.
12.He may also wish to have the two-term limit removed from the Constitution so he can be in the White House for many years more.
A problem with wishes is that they often can’t change reality. But Obama may find a way to fulfill his wishes,even if they’re only in his mind.
I’m convinced that many of the social and cultural problems we face today are the result of a loss of a collective sense of gratitude. Rather than being grateful for what we have and the blessings that we enjoy,although sparse they may sometimes seem to us,we focus on what we don’t have,or what we think we deserve or we’re entitled to. This lack of gratitude is concomitant with narcissism and self-centeredness,and reveals a deep character flaw:absence of humility.
In my estimation,no one has captured this sentiment better than a former president of the LDS Church. Gordon B. Hinckley said some years ago,“Our society is afflicted by a spirit of thoughtless arrogance unbecoming those who have been so magnificently blessed. How grateful we should be for the bounties we enjoy. Absence of gratitude is the mark of the narrow,uneducated mind. It bespeaks a lack of knowledge and the ignorance of self-sufficiency. It expresses itself in ugly egotism and frequently in wanton mischief….
“Where there is appreciation,there is courtesy,there is concern for the rights and property of others. Without appreciation,there is arrogance and evil. Where there is gratitude,there is humility,as opposed to pride.”
Much of what we read here is dedicated to analyzing,opining,and criticizing elements of the body politic and problems with the world,our nation,and our community. In spite of all that we find that needs fixing around us,one of the most woeful things we could do is to be ungrateful for all that we should be thankful for.
It’s often difficult to think in those terms. We are often overwhelmed at the daunting challenges and vicissitudes of life that we face on a daily basis. Problems with health,the loss of a loved one,financial woes,the loss of a job,or problems with a marriage or with children often consume us emotionally,psychologically,and spiritually. Yet somehow,we find ways to deal with our personal crucibles,to surmount our challenges,and crest our Everests.
The human spirit,if not doused with hopelessness,can be indomitable. We find ways to deal with,overcome,and survive our ordeals. We find solutions to our woes and answers to life’s tough questions. Often,such resolution comes from insights,counsel,and wisdom from a loved one. Other times,they come from unseen founts of wisdom and loving arms of solace after earnest and heartfelt pleadings to our Maker.
But as arduous and challenging as life can be for all of us in one way or another,there is always much to be grateful for. And hopefully,the significance of Thanksgiving has not been lost to us.
We may be of bad health,but hopefully some things are still working fine. We may be struggling financially,but we’re still together as a family. We may have a child struggling with his or her own inner demons;yet as long as there is love,there is hope. To everything,there is a silver lining. It may be obscured by our preoccupation with our trials,but it’s there. Sometimes we just have to look a little harder to find it.
In a rather simplistic fashion,we have the proverbial conundrum of whether the glass is half full,or half empty. In our individual lives,it all depends on how we choose to look at things,and whether we choose to focus on the deficiencies in our lives or on the bounties that we enjoy. And that’s all a matter of attitude.
The evangelical author and pastor Chuck Swindoll made a statement years ago that has profoundly shaped my perspective about life,and about gratitude itself. He said,“The longer I live,the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude,to me,is more important than facts. It is more important than the past,than education,than money,than circumstances,than failure,than successes,than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance,giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have,and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
May we all choose an attitude of gratitude,looking for the light at the end of the tunnel and the silver lining to the dark and ominous clouds in our lives. May we express our gratitude to one another,manifest by acts of courtesy and respect. And perhaps most importantly,may we express daily our immense dependence upon and gratitude to God. Not just on Thanksgiving,but every day of our lives.
Associated Press award winning columnist Richard Larsen is President of Larsen Financial,a brokerage and financial planning firm in Pocatello,Idaho and is a graduate of Idaho State University with degrees in Political Science and History and coursework completed toward a Master’s in Public Administration. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Last week was a killer for America,but a bang-up one for Barack Hussein Obama in furthering his Mission from Marx to destroy free,constitutional,capitalist America. It started out with Harry Reid (D-NV),the neo-fascist Senate Majority Leader,doing a complete 180 degree switch on the Senate’s prerogative of “advise and consent”on presidential nominations. The minority party’s option to filibuster nominations they deem unworthy,for whatever reason an option that had existed in the Senate for over 200 years,is gone. One party rule is the “new normal”.
Disaster 2 for America was pretty much overshadowed by Disasters 1 and 3. It happened at the UN man-made global warming confab in Warsaw. Also,it was pulled off in the wee hours of the morning on a weekend (intentional?),so it garnered minimal coverage in the “mainstream” media. However,Craig Rucker,Director of CFACT (Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow),was there:
Just as the conference was collapsing,the Obama administration came to the rescue and committed the United States to the treaty timetable and agreed to have American emissions-reduction targets in place in time for Paris. This brought the parties back to the table and permitted the bureaucrats to cobble together a consensus. The details are just emerging,but it appears that developing nations and the warming pressure groups got their loss-and-damage mechanism.
For those who have not been following this latest “climate change” dog-and-pony show,a principal demand of the 132 generally leftist,mostly dictatorial “undeveloped” countries is that they be given huge amounts of money – the loss-and-damage mechanism – every time they experience a natural disaster. These,of course,are all caused by the profligate,irresponsible emission of CO² by evil,rich,western capitalist countries into the otherwise pristine atmosphere. This,notes Craig Rucker,will expose American “taxpayers to potentially unlimited future liability.” Since the genuine science now proves that the Earth has been cooling for the past 15 years,this is clearly the Obama administration pandering to its dangerous and frighteningly effective Marxist Green base.
Disaster 3 was the so-called “deal”with Iran. As it’s turning out,this “deal”ain’t worth the recycled paper it is written on. Apparently modeled on the Democrats’budget deals,only with Iran playing the Democrats and the Democrats in the Republican role,it rolls back sanctions,doles out billions of dollars,and yet requires nothing but vague promises of ill-defined concessions at some unspecified time in the distant future. Given that Obama and his administration are in bed with radical Islam,this appears to be exactly what was intended. The truth is the administration has been rolling the sanctions back for months and is secretly negotiating with Iran’s terrorist client,Hezbollah.
To cap it off,Obama’s pals and role models,the Communist Chinese,are on the move. The rulers of China –the People’s Liberation Army –are far from stupid. They have watched over the past 20+ years as Marxist Bill Clinton (then the Democrat Party of Marx) and now,Marxist Barack Hussein “Barry Soetoro”Obama,dismantled and demoralized the American military. The weakening of our military has apparently reached the point where they feel confident that the United States can’t –and perhaps more importantly,won’t –do anything more to stop China’s aggressive expansion than to rattle a broken saber and make hollow,unenforceable threats.
The competent analysts of Asian affairs have said for many years that it was highly unlikely that China would directly attack the United States. They predicted that China would go after Japan,Taiwan,the Phillipines,or Korea,forcing America to act or cave. The current move to extend their hegemony to cover the Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands claimed by Japan seems to have provoked little more that token gestures from us. They are doing the same thing with some islands in a resource-rich area of the South China Sea,just west of the Phillipines –Scarborough Shoal/Huangyan Island –and it seems they expect us to cave. If either or both of these moves succeed,life in Asia is going to get real ugly for a whole lot of formerly free people in formerly capitalist countries.
While Obama himself is a marginally intelligent,knee-jerk Marxist buffoon,his handlers are tough,experienced,hard-core,and know exactly what they are doing. Much of the conservative public still has not come to grips with the indisputable fact that the goal of the Obama administration,their programs and policies,all their appointees and co-operating bureaucrats,and of all of their financial backers with their incredible wealth,is the destruction of the United States of America as a free,capitalist,constitutional democratic republic. The Tea Party movement is waking people up,but time is running out. Extraordinary measures are essential. Will we have the strength to overcome the past 80 years of “progressive” brainwashing before it’s too late?
National Campaign Fund
Managed and Designed by Key Web Consulting