1) Remember the stimulus bill? Republicans strongly opposed it and said it wouldn’t work. Democrats said it would revive the economy and keep unemployment under 8 percent. So,what happened? Democrats shoved through a bill that cost $1.1 trillion when you add in the interest. It cost more than the Marshall Plan,the Louisiana Purchase,and putting a man on the moon —combined. The result? The economy didn’t take off,the unemployment rate is still at 9.6 percent,and Democrats are calling for…you guessed it,another stimulus bill.
2) Perhaps the biggest problem with the economy right now is that businesses are so afraid of what the government will do that they’re stockpiling cash instead of spending it. Having a pro-market,Republican Congress that will oppose tax hikes,red tape,and damaging new legislation will reduce uncertainty and help give businesses the confidence they need to start hiring and expanding again.
3) While he was campaigning,Barack Obama promised to cut the deficit in half,but in his first 100 days alone,he quadrupled the deficit. As if that wasn’t bad enough,his budget blueprint adds more,“debt than all previous presidents —from George Washington to George W. Bush —combined.” No civilization in human history has spent like America has over the last two years of Democratic rule and unless we can get more Republicans in office,this country’s economic future is going to be deader than King Tut and uglier than a 7 day old chunk of roadkill.
4)The Democrats seem hellbent on taking over as much of the private sector as possible. In a relatively short period of time,our government has taken over much of the banking industry,auto industry,health care industry,and student loans. There are currently no viable plans to get out of any of these industries either. This sort of Sovietization of the American economy can only end badly. After all,look what similar policies did to the Soviet Union.
5) In the middle of a recession,the Democrats in Congress still seem to be on track to enact the largest tax increase in American history by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. Here we are with a struggling economy and businesses that are afraid to move because they can’t be sure of what the Democrats will do,and Pelosi,Reid,and Obama still haven’t addressed this massive tax hike. How incompetent. How short-sighted. How foolish.
6) “Now,people when I say that look at me and say,‘What are you talking about,Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’The answer is yes,that’s what I’m telling you.”—Joe Biden
7) Our economy is no longer suffering from the recession. At this point,the economy is suffering from the policies the Democrats put in place that were supposed to create a “recovery.”
8) I don’t mind a president taking a vacation now and then or playing a little golf,but Barack Obama has taken it to a ridiculous extreme. The man has already played more golf in two years than George W. Bush did in his whole presidency. Is he planning to try out for the PGA after he gets out of office? And what’s with the never ending vacationing? It’s like the presidency is a distraction from taking time off for this guy. Wait,is that the phone ringing? Oh,it’s Marie Antoinette. She is just calling to say that Obama needs to show more sensitivity to the people during tough economic times.