The latest state to hear arguments challenging President Barack Hussein Obama’s eligibility to be on its 2012 Presidential ballot is Pennsylvania.
Last week,Attorney Philip J. Berg officially challenged the nomination petition of Obama. A lifetime resident of the state of Pennsylvania,Mr. Berg was born and raised in the city and county of Philadelphia. Interestingly enough,he is a registered Democrat. It is important to remember that questions regarding Obama’s eligibility were first asked by supporters of the current Secretary of State,Hillary Clinton, when she was running for the Democratic presidential nomination four years ago.
The United States Justice Foundation (USJF) is funding this project,and USJF Executive Director Gary Kreep will be co-counsel in this case.
Mr. Berg is concerned that Obama is not a natural-born citizen per Article II,Section I,Clause 5 of the United States Constitution:
“No Person except a natural born Citizen,or a Citizen of the United States,at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution,shall be eligible to the Office of President…”
Among the specific arguments Mr. Berg makes in support of his case include the following:
- President Obama was born in Kenya on August 4,1961;at the time of his birth,his mother was only 18 years old and not old enough to confer U.S. Natural Born Citizenship status to him.
- Obama’s father was a Kenyan citizen and his mother a United States citizen who was not old enough and did not reside in the United States long enough to register her son’s birth in Hawaii as a “natural born” United States citizen.
- “Under the laws in effect between December 24,1952 and November 14,1986,a child born outside of the United States to one citizen parent and one foreign national could acquire “natural born” United States citizenship if the United States citizen parent had been physically present in the United States for ten years prior to the child’s birth,five of those years being after age fourteen.”
- Obama’s Kenyan grandmother,Sarah Obama,has repeatedly stated Obama was born in Kenya and that she was present in the hospital during his birth. She has stated this information in recorded telephone conversations.
- When Obama’s mother divorced his father and later remarried Lolo Soetoro (an Indonesian citizen),Mr. Soetoro adopted Obama as his own son. Under Indonesian law,when a male acknowledges a child as his son via signing an appropriate government document,it deems the son,in this case Obama,an Indonesian State citizen.
- Furthermore,under the Indonesian adoption law,once an Indonesian citizen adopts a child,the adoption severs the child’s relationship to the birth parents,and the adopted child is given the same status as a natural child and the child takes the name of his step-father,in this case,Soetoro.
- “Since Indonesia did not allow dual citizenship,neither did the United States (since the United States only permitted dual citizenship when ‘both’ countries agree);and since Soetoro (Obama) was a “natural” citizen of Indonesia,the United States would not step in or interfere with the laws of Indonesia.”
Click here to read the legal brief describing Mr. Berg’s challenge.
- Judge Malihi Rules Obama Eligible To Be On Georgia Ballot An administrative law judge in Georgia today ruled that Barack…
- Congressional ‘Scholar’Produces Another Obama Eligibility Report On Nov. 14,Jack Maskell,a legislative attorney with the…